Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to subtract the noise of the buffer from the measurement?

xiaowenrun

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone
I am testing an LNA. A buffer is added since the LNA cannot drive a 50Ω load directly. However, the buffer adds up to the noise measurement result. I am trying to subtract this influence according to an equation shown below.
Flna + Fbuf/Alna^2 = Fsys
where Flna is the noise figure of the LNA, Fbuf is the noise of the buffer, Alna is the voltage gain from the signal source to the output of the LNA, Fsys is the noise of the whole circuit (LNA+buffer). Here Alna considers the source resistance.
Is this right or wrong? I found a 0.24dB between the calculated and simulated results (3.26dB).
I found an equation describing the relationship between the noise of the cascaded stages and the whole system. But the available power gain is needed and I do not know how to measure it.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back