Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to store frequency? detector conneted with jammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabir79

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to store frequency?

i need to connect a detector section with a jammer section. for that i need to convert an ac sine wave into a square wave. again i want to provide the same input to the square wave generator even though the detector section is switched off.
so basically i need to store the frequency of the input.

Re: how to store frequency?

If you want to convert a sin to square you can use a simple opamp (consider slew rate).can you upload ciccuit?

kabir79 said:
i need to connect a detector section with a jammer section. for that i need to convert an ac sine wave into a square wave. again i want to provide the same input to the square wave generator even though the detector section is switched off.
so basically i need to store the frequency of the input.
we can generate the sine wave by using PLL

Basically you can't store frequency give some more information on your project

how to store frequency?

Make it clear and provide more information

suresh_kvja said:
Make it clear and provide more information
i think instead asking how we can generate the carrier in the receiver?
he is typed like that
PLL is the coorect ans

i shud make my point more clear. i hav output of detector section as the frequency that has to b jammed. now what i want to do is to change the shape of the wave into a square wave n then transmit it with increased power to jam the desired signal. but when my jammer section gets on it will jam the enemy signal n thus input to the detector section will b zero,therby switching off the jammer. so i need to keep my jammer on even if the detector section is turned off.

kabir79 said:
i shud make my point more clear. i hav output of detector section as the frequency that has to b jammed. now what i want to do is to change the shape of the wave into a square wave n then transmit it with increased power to jam the desired signal. but when my jammer section gets on it will jam the enemy signal n thus input to the detector section will b zero,therby switching off the jammer. so i need to keep my jammer on even if the detector section is turned off.

u dont need to switch off and on ur jammer
all the things will b automatic

if jammer stops working then detector will again detect some input which will cause jammer to work and the cycle continues.
provide some delay before jammer is switched off

how to store frequency?

I think you have to do it digitally, what frequency range are we talking about? you can easily measure the frequency digitallyusing a microcontroller(after it has been converted to square wave) you can insert a deliberate phase shift so you can detect continuity of input signal that has to be jammed. then produce digitally stored signal. it is not as hard as it seems.

Dear Friends,

Few things look little confusing to me, Please clarify, b'cos I may be wrong in my assumptions also......

1. Why and how is a detector turned on and off by a Jammer....???
2. Even if the jammer has jammed the "Enemy" signal, detector would still be "receiving" something (If we are talking about Analog Rx) though greatly drowned in Noise.
3. The very purpose of a detector is like a "Watch Dog" who has to monitor continuously for enemy signals. It therefore has to be CW, it cannot be otherwise. Then where is a question turning it ON or OFF?
4. Our friend has not mentioned what is the nature (CW/Pulsed) and frequencies of the Enemy signlas. This makes the picture even more confusing...!!!

Sai

Status
Not open for further replies.