Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to SPICE simulatation after Place and Route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gezzas525

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Carrying on with the UMC libraries ive gotten the hang of buildgates and silicon ensemble and also creating .sdf for simulation in modelsim. Now I want to check my designs in spice after P&R, I was told the problem is that we dont have the spice information (only the basic design kit) for the standard cell libraries hence we cannot do even a power analysis. What is the procedure to simulate P&R circuits?

Hi,

after the place&route you have gdsII data of your design, is this correct? If yes, you need to run a layout extraction tool (like diva, dracula or assura) to get a spice netlist for simulation. in such a extraction tool, all instances are defined by their geometrical properties in the layout. So the tool scans the gdsII data for this shapes and re-builds a flat netlist. in this netlist there are thousands of parasitc resistances and capacitances. i saw a tool in cadence dfII (ConcICe) that can reduce the number of devices by concentrating devices --> a netlist with a reduced number of devices.

Greetings,
hqqh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back