Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to speedup quartus place & route function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
it' really god damn it too slow, i need to speedup the place & route
anybody can tell me?

help me please.

Well this might not help , but when I was doing place and route for Altera 600k parts and was getting to about 75% utilization the P&R slowed down alot. Exponential as utilization increased. Took me about 2.5hrs. I then upped my memory from 1gig to 4 gig and the performance increased about 25%. This is because the P&R tool did not swap to the hard drive. The biggest thing was I went to the 1500 ( 1.5 million part ) . Expensive but saved time!!!!. The utilization went to 15% and the time for route was a little over 30 min. So I would tell you for prtotyping use the biggest part.

WMS

You do not have any chance if you want to achieve a good performance. I have tried many times, on a very powerful system with 4 Giga RAM. Especially for big Stratix devices is quite normal to spend around 8 hours for a design.

The following techniques may help
- Floorplanning
- Incremental Design
- Preserving Design Hierarchy
- Relaxing your timing constraints

How about smart compile??
But you need to compile it first,and then it will improve the speed of comilation.

I found fast fit sometimes can reduce P&R time very much .
shared with you

Hi there

In settings there is one option for incremental place and route.Try using that after u make minor modifications.

Command line compilation using quartus_fit is another good option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back