Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to simulate the operation between two antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliezhang

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, everybody,

who knows some good software or method to simulate the operation between two antenns?

i want to know the gain, trasmitted power of the transmitting antenna, and gain and power recived by the receiving antenna, and so on.

could anybody help me. important and urgent!!!

I think the NEC software could help you .

I used SuperNEC to simulate a case like it before .

FEKO software also can do this.

thanks.

is NEC free? i found some information on it but i didn't know can i got it free.

furthermore, i forget to mention it was UHF printed antenna.

Most NEC software is't free ,

but you may find some resource in network.

NEC series is diverse .

Nathalie,

Which soft did you decide to use?

Did you succeed?

How did you find the operations (interactions) between the two antennas ?

Thank you

I did not realize the NEC code could analyze propagation between one antenna to the other (i.e. path loss). I thought it was only interactions between antennas (i.e. gain, pattern, etc, but not power transfer between one antenna and the other).

nataliezhang said:
hi, everybody,

who knows some good software or method to simulate the operation between two antenns?

i want to know the gain, trasmitted power of the transmitting antenna, and gain and power recived by the receiving antenna, and so on.

could anybody help me. important and urgent!!!

Try HFSS

Abu Ammora,
HFSS gives S-par.
I don't know how to use HFSS to plot (with data file) of the power of the RECEIVE-ANTENNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back