Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to simulate a SRAM from MC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordon

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am trying to simulate a SRAM's function, which comes from MC2 software.
My original aim is to wrapper the SRAM to what I want, a sram with 1rw1r and related parameters are 32_256_8.
I mean, I want a commercial SRAM from MC2 to replace the open_sram(Open_SRAM_sky130).
So, I generate a dual port SRAM, and the final name is "xxxxxxxxx256x32m4mwa_130a_ssg0p9v125c.v".

The first problem comes, which file should me to do the test?
I mean there are DFT Verilog files(xxxxxxxx256x32m4mwa_130a_tmax.v) and normal Verilog files. And the files in DFT folder have a definition :
`define write_write forbidden,
consequently, I am not sure whether it is not appropriate for function simulation, I want to test the write and read function.

And, the second question comes followed: Why the SRAM doesn't work? I want to know how to debug, is there some specified means or options could help me find the where is the key?
screenshot_00_副本.png

I know it is not a problem which would fix easily, so I will provide more details as I can.
The SRAM only has the basic function with the command "./XXXX.pl -NonBIST -NonSLP -NonSD", so it has less interfaces, here is the list:
WTSEL, RTSEL, VG, VS,
AA, DA, BWEBA, WEBA, CEBA, CLKA,
BA, DB, BWEBB, WEBB, CEBB, CLKB,
AWT, QA, QB
And all the pins are attached some wires or value, no pins are floating.
I have set the related pins like the description in the datebook as follows.
1712153944335.png

Thanks a lot for your time.

Attachments

• 1712154181562.png
    1712154181562.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Not sure what is going on, without seeing the model it is hard to say. Common mistakes I have observed in the past: testbenches that are too fast with impossible clock periods, use of wrong simulation models, wrong pinout, confusion between BIST mode and normal mode. Just a couple of ideas for what you could double check.

Jordon

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Not sure what is going on, without seeing the model it is hard to say. Common mistakes I have observed in the past: testbenches that are too fast with impossible clock periods, use of wrong simulation models, wrong pinout, confusion between BIST mode and normal mode. Just a couple of ideas for what you could double check.
Many thanks, I find the issue comes from the wrong signal "WEBA",write enable bar on port A, which needs to be set high when port A read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back