Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to shift voltage range from + to -?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs1729

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I apologize if this is a terribly easy question or this is not the right place, but I am having trouble finding what I am looking for by searching google.

I have a Paia Midi2cv8 midi to cv converter that has a control voltage output for a pitch wheel. With no modification it outputs 5v and goes down to 0v when I move the wheel all the way down and up to 10v when I move it all the way up. This is an unusable range so I have a 10k pot to attenuate this range to something usable, however I would like to figure out how to shift this voltage so that it is 0v normally and -Max when I move it down and +Max when I move it up.

I want to do this so that I can find a circuit to sum the keyboard pitch cv with the pitch bend cv and if the pitch wheel is some positive voltage at center then I will be offsetting the keyboard pitch.

Thanks for your time.

An OP amplifier circuit can easily achieve this. See the Averager and summer circuits and Building a differential amplifier chapter of Lessons in Electric Circuits for the basic idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back