Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to set the output port of micro-strip balun in hfss ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi aniakhan
could you point some key problem of the design tapered balun ,i am not clear of the part ,but someday later i have a chance to ask the expert ,i would not like to lost face !!plz

normally if it is related to only simulataion then return loss and insertion loss are important to study that insertion loss S21 should be less that is -.1-1 db and return loss S11 should be less than -10db. on fabrications it will be how will you connect SMA to ur designed balun and how will u connect any device like antenna to its port,u must also think about it.also is this size is compitable with other device like antenna so that it can be balance and how you will hold both.

hi
do you have any progress in the taper balun ?

i have made tapered balun and its in fabrication process with antenna

hi aniakhan
do you have any model of klopenstein balun and exponential taper balun .thoes days i have made a exponential taper balun .the result of the s11 is good ,but the s21 seems not good enough .could you give me some advice.

you should take all dimensions in correct manner specially tapering. normally W1= any value and W2= 5*W1 while a and b are seelcted using Z=ZL EXP(-at) ; t = length of m/s line

you should take all dimensions in correct manner specially tapering. normally W1= any value and W2= 5*W1 while a and b are seelcted using Z=ZL EXP(-at) ; t = length of m/s line
i know this model and my result is form the model.but the s parameters seems not well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back