Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set condition for sensor without microcontroller ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmc01

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use LDR sensor for turn on LED when dark and I want to use PIR Sensor for check motion. If somebody pass the sensor then turn on more LED. And set all LED turn off when have light.

How to set condition turn on 1 LED if dark, turn on 2 LED if have motion and turn off all led when light without microcontroller ?

Last edited:

hi mm,
Please post a circuit diagram showing how the existing LDR and PIR are wired and powered.?

It will help to understand how any extra circuitry maybe added.
E

An LDR in a potential divider circuit will give an analog voltage out so you can use a simple comparator to decide if it's dark or not. Most PIR modules have a switched ouput anyway so you can use that directly. If you only have the PIR sensor (an 8mm diameter, 3 pin device) itself, you need signal conditioning circuits, there are lots on the web or you can buy dedicated ICs for the job.

Brian.

If LDR not dark then don't turn on LED of PIR Sensor. It like And Gate. I try to use circuit like this Untitled.jpg . I use LED 12V 1W 4 light so it is 4W. I test LED by connect to power supply it very bright. But when I connect LED to transistor 2N2222 in circuit it not bright. how to make LED very bright ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back