Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set a cpw-fed waveport ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangjun

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to set a waveport to cpw-fed antenna ,this model is the cpw part,the characteristic impedance of this cpw is nearly 50Ω,I want to get the s11 very small and the s12 to 0dB,but i don't know how to set my port ,can any one help me ,thank you very much!

a cpw fed port set

Take a look at this topic

and download port_tutorial file to get solution for your problem
cheers!

a cpw fed port set

thank you very much for your advice,I have download this file early.But I have not solve the prolem !My ,teacher said the waveport was not correct ,the s11 must quite small !

a cpw fed port set

zhangjun@
After I inspected your problem, there're some more advices:
1. You should read Port_tutorial file more carefully once again.
2. Use a 2D object (Rectangular) instead of 3D object like you did for Wave_Port assignment.
3. Integration line must direct from one side ground plane to Signal line.

Let modify your structure as my recommendation. I believe you'll success.
Hope it helps

Re: a cpw fed port set

Hi zhangjun!

As nhomuathu_hanoi suggested, please learn first how to setup waveport in HFSS. I've updated your file and attached here. You requirements are fulfilled I guess.

Regards,
Shameem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back