Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to separate the E components?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbmanick

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to get etotal

hi all,

if we fabicate an antenna, and if we want to measure the following parameters, how to differentiate?

1. E TOTAL 2. E THETA 3. E PHI in dbi

when we meaure we can know only the power level. from that how to separate or differentiate the theta and phi total fields?

bye from
bala

hfss etotal ephi etheta

Could you please tell, which simulator you use??

Assuming you are an HFSS user, unfortunately first you should express theta and phi components of E-field in terms of cartesian coordinate system.

Then write the resultant equation that you want to solve into "Field Calculator" of HFSS. Using this calculator, you can express many equations that you want to solve. More than differentation, you can apply curl, divergence operations, and etc.

I hope this helps. Let us know what the result is ;)

etheta ephi etotal

hi,
i am using ie3d. i want to know how to calculate E TOT, E THETA, E PHI components after the fabrication of an antenna. i mean how to measure?

with thanks,
kbmani

I'm sorry kbmanick, unfortunately i know nothing about ie3d :(

If it is possible, you may try to use HFSS; your problem seems to be solved through it...

But I do not guarantee :)

Take care ;)

Hi, Kbmanick:

Do you want to calculate or measure E-total, E-theta and E-phi?

If you are calculating them, you can easily make it on IE3D/MGRID?

If you are measuring it using a measurement equipment, then, you should be able to measure E-theta and E-phi easily. They are the E-field in the theta direciton and the E-field in the phi direction in sperical coordinate system.

Best regards,

thank you jian,

i want to measure. if i calculate thata and phi components then how can i measure e total? any formula?

with thanks,

kbmani

Hi, Kbmanick:

After you get Etheta and Ephi, you can get Etotal as:

Etotal = SQRT( Etheta*Conj(Etheta) + Ephi * Conj(Ephi) ]

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back