Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to send data form PC to fax via modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

J_expoler2

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
How to send data form PC to fax via modem by VB
thank

Hi,
If I understood corectly, you want to connect the fax to modem in a similar way like you connect two network cards using a cross cable. It is not possible, you have to use a pbx (as small as possible - office type it is enough). Basic functions like dialing, dtmf recognition, line voltage supply for both modem and fax , ring generator, all these must be performed, modem and fax are "slave" devices. These functions are performed only by "master" - a pbx.

i want to send txt file to other fax by using modem but i don't konw how to set AT Command eg. i see fax class but i dont under stand

What OS are you running? Windows has built-in FAX driver to work with your FAX modem. If set up correctly, it will show up in your list of Printers. You just need to print the file with the FAX Printer. It will prompt you for phone number of the FAX machine you want to call. You can also use commercial FAX software like WinFax.

if you use windows you should use TAPI

If you use linux you can use hylafax. With it you can send text or postscript files easily.
Bye

PS: drwho78: if I sum my points and yours I get your points....... :(

if you have FAX modem you can do this .
if you have`nt any fax modem you can`t .
note fax modem not only modem ......
then by your modem many soft you can use .
if you wanna fax online use many website like efax.com and more.

To set up new Faxing facility (i.e. to be able to choose: Print>Fax then enter its number) you can do the following:

Start>Control Panel>Printers and Faxes>File>Set up new Faxint

Then You will be promboted to insert your Windows CD, put it and follow the instructions till you finish

BUT.... I am not sure should you have prior permission from the phone provider company to send Faxes to perform this Task or not .. anyone rather than me may help you.

I hope that helped
Ahmad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back