Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to select the best model for simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassin2705

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want some guidlines for how to select the suitable device for your design. As you know any process has many types of mosfets, resistors & so on. So what is the crieteria that should be followed to select the right one?

Also, what are the main caracteristics of any process? I mean what is the difference between the processes offered by different fabs, based on which we select the right process for design?

Thanks!

You use to identify CMOS process, Bipolar process, BiCMOS process, DMOS process. HV or LV? Isolated device?

What I did is to see which process can be fabricated finally.
If all can be fabed, then it will depend on the power supply you used.

It is determine the type of your process, for example RF, MIX-signal or digital.
The precision, the Yield and the period are also imporment for designer.

It all depend on ur need. suppose you require a resistor now there is so many resistors in a process like poly (high & low), field , pinch , diffusion (p& n),
now each resistor has diffrent charactreistics like sheet resistivity , TCR , VCR . if sheet resistivity is more u need less area to realise the same resistor but it may have poor linearity like field resistors.
so depending upon ur need u have to decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back