Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to see current distribution from cst

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyg

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst current distribution

anyone know how to setting the current distribution file in the cst
beside that how to see the RSD file to see the current distribution?

regards,
kyg

cst to current gmt -5

use the "field monitor" and select H-field/surface current at the frequency you want to see the current distribution. After the simulation, you find the current distribution in 2-D results in the left column.

maximum surface current frequency cst

it is same when we see the result for the surface current and current distribution?
i see that at Solve - Current Distribution can be setting and need to browse the RSD file.

regards,
kyg

surface current cst

kyg said:
it is same when we see the result for the surface current and current distribution?

what do you mean by current distribution then?

see what distribution

i saw at cst setting can add current distribution
so i am confusing about surface current and current distribution

regards,
kyg

how to see current distro

hi shameemkabir

do you know how can we get surface current for the range of simulation frequency?

just like we normally get S parameters from minimum to maximum frequency

regards

shahid

shahid78 said:
do you know how can we get surface current for the range of simulation frequency?

just like we normally get S parameters from minimum to maximum frequency

you have to define the frequency where you want to get the surface current. it is done with "field monitor" and select H-field/surface current and change the frequency of your interest. Please press apply button for each frequency in the field monitor.

check current distribution on cst

hello shameemkabir

well thanks for your reply but i think you havent read my question carefully.
i know how to define frequency monitor for surface current/H field or any other farfield parameter in cst

to make it simple my question was how can i plot a graph in which frequency is along x axis as in S paramter plots but surface current in mA or A along y axis and not Sxy as in S parameter plots

i hope now you understand what i want

thanks anyway

export surface currents from cst

Hello shahid.. Have you figured out the solution of your question? you succeded in plotting a graph for current distributions??

surface current plot in cst

hi there

well still looking for success.

regards

hi all,

from the simulation cst, surface current monitor result, what can i do in order to tune the antenna?
how to understand the surface current because if i can understand that result i can optimize the antenna

regards,
kyg

About the discussion, Looking the Surface current and then exporting the data into a text file
file -> export->Plot Data (ASCII)... and the using Matlab importing the txt file (this file contains the coordinates X,Y,Z and in each point the value of the current Ix, Iy, Iz) is quite easy to plot it.

hello, can anypne help me to get countour-like current distribution in cst? I had monitor the H- surface current. the option that i was given only arrow, cone and hedgehog. how can i get some plot like the attachment? thanks a lot.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/37_1290596643.jpg

Hello,

When looking at the surface current monitor you first of all should choose one of the given results for example the "Abs".There you can choose a view thats called contour. It shows you a result like in your attechment. If you want to see the distribution in a special plane, you have to do a right-click and then choose 3D Fields on 2D Plane. Then choose the Plane you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back