Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to remove black region between book pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

maninnet

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
remove black from pdf

how to remove black region between book pages using adobe acrobat reader (professional version) or photoshop? plesas let me know both if possible. (refer to sample please) thanks.

acrobat remove black

Here's a somewhat painful procedure using Acrobat Pro 7.0.8 and Photoshop 7.0.1 in Windows. Different versions may need a different procedure.

1. Use Acrobat's PDF Optimizer to make the document compatible with Acrobat 4.0 (because Photoshop 7 doesn't support the original document's bitmap compression). That sometimes makes the document bigger, and may not be necessary with newer Photoshop.

2. Using Acrobat's TouchUp Object Tool, right click the page's white background and select "Edit Image". This opens the two-page image in Photoshop.

3. Use Photoshop tools to erase the black shadow. Sometimes I create a Photoshop "action" to help automate this process.

4. Close the image in Photoshop. The modified image appears in Acrobat. The document's text is still selectable and searchable.

5. Repeat steps 2-4 for every PDF page. Very tedious! It takes me about ten seconds per PDF page, depending on the shape of the black shadow.

6. Use Acrobat's PDF Optimizer to make the document compatible with Acrobat 5.0, and enable JBIG2 Lossy compression. That makes the document a lot smaller, but it can make dithered images ugly.

By the way, after I do that, I usually duplicate all the pages in Acrobat (also tedious), and then use Acrobat's even/odd page cropping feature to show only one book page per PDF page.

remove black edges from pdf file

thanks for the guideline, but is it possible to do it another way using acrobat reader only? i know it has a "crop" tool which is very connevient to do the job, but unfortunately, it only retain the area in the "crop" area, and the area outside "crop" will be deleted, but i just want to opposite thing: delete the "crop" area and retain what is not selected by the "crop" tool, so that in the sample, i can select the "black" region and crop it instead of retainning it. do you have any idea to do that?

remove black from pdf

You can't do much editing with Acrobat Reader, only Acrobat Pro.

Yes, cropping only works around the perimeter of the image. I can't think of any way to cut out the black shadow using only Acrobat Pro, but you could cover it up with some sort of white rectangle. For example, I used Acrobat's "Text Field Tool" to create a white filled rectangle with no text. It's not a perfect solution because the black shadow may blink briefly when the page first appears. Somewhat distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.