Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to modify or duplicate RfID card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassiebal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what to do?

Ok so I have that Rfid card I like to modify or Duplicate and then modify but what is the best working way ? and can I scan the frequency of the rfid with some tools on dealextreme? ( I have no money ) and then with some other tools modify it ?

Thanks
Bassiebal

what to do?

Yes, and with some other tools you can drow money, and with some other can you press coins...
Sorry! Some other person can call the sheriff...
K.

Re: what to do?

karesz said:
Yes, and with some other tools you can drow money, and with some other can you press coins...
Sorry! Some other person can call the sheriff...
K.

yeah well that is illegal I just want to modify my school card so I can prove they are garbage to our system administrators

bassiebal said:
Ok so I have that Rfid card I like to modify or Duplicate and then modify but what is the best working way ? and can I scan the frequency of the rfid with some tools on dealextreme? ( I have no money ) and then with some other tools modify it ? Thanks Bassiebal
Just scanning the frequency will do nothing. You can duplicate only if the card is Writable on the Secured Code side which is stored in an in accessable area which cant be read/written using the usual reader. The supplier knows there are young "Einstein" s in the school's. Naturally your card cannot be written. Cheers

hello, a rfid card is nothing but a chip with rf transmitter(operates generally at 125khz may be at some other freq) and antenna. the chip will consist of unique id. when you place the card near the reader the card will get power supply from the reader through induction principle with the help of the coil in it, on getting the power supply the chip starts transfering the unique id stored in it(may be 13 digits). if you know the unique id you can duplicate it for the same(not sure about the process).

regards
kj

Ok so I have that Rfid card I like to modify or Duplicate and then modify but what is the best working way ? and can I scan the frequency of the rfid with some tools on dealextreme? ( I have no money ) and then with some other tools modify it ?

Thanks
Bassiebal

It takes a bit of programming knowledge and a lot of money to be able to do correctly. Most people use a device called proxmark3 (Google it). You may get lucky with a cheap rfid cloner from China, usually costs around $25 total -- but this is always sketchy and there is no way of telling which type of key you have.

If you just need a key card cloned, a company called clonemykey will do it. Check them out at https://www.clonemykey.com.

As for other posts, copying key cards is not against the law. . . yet. The law does not provide any distinction between your average metal key and an rfid key. Manufactures want you to believe their systems are not copy-able and go to a great extent to advertise it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back