Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to model a varistor and a variable capacitor in ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marios91

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
i would like to know how i can model a varistor and a variable capacitor depending on voltage.
thanks in advance

The value of capacitance drops only slightly as voltage is applied to the varistor. As the voltage approaches the nominal varistor voltage, C drops abruptly and R approaches a fixed ESR value.

Wheras diodes, i believe the C²V product is a constant figure of merit as well as tolerance for reverse bias with C limits at -1V depending on power rating and conductor gap. Normally varicaps are rated by C1/C2 ratios at V2, V1 like C1-30 ratio for 1-30V....

Hello,
i would like to know how i can model a varistor and a variable capacitor depending on voltage.
thanks in advance

Check the elements on the "Eqn Based-Nonlinear" palette. There you find general equation-based elements and a non-linear capacitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.