Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to measure the output noise for a TIA circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dog1357

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a TIA circuit and I am going to measure the output noise of a TIA circuit.

I see suria3 put this below, he seems get the output voltage noise and then divided by the transimpedance gain Rf, but I donot know how to measure the output voltage noise, is it using a spetrum analyzer to get the a number like 1nV/√Hz? or any other equipment to measure it? Thank you very much!

suria3 said:
Hi Guys,

I have question here regarding the Input Referred Noise Calculation for my Transimpedance Amplifier Design of my research project. I measured the total input equivalent noise and it showed me about 15pA/√Hz . This is the value i got over frequency at 1Ghz since im designing for 1.25Gbps. Now my question, how do I convert this value to nA RMS. My data operating rate is 100Mbps to 1.25Gbps and my low cutoff frequency is about 50kHz. By having this values, how do I make use of them. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Suria

from

I guess a scope will do the job, find it one these two papers:

[1] L. Chih-Fan and L. Shen-Iuan, "40 Gb/s Transimpedance-AGC Amplifier and CDR Circuit for Broadband Data Receivers in 90 nm CMOS," Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of, vol. 43, pp. 642-655, 2008.

[2] J. S. Weiner, J. S. Lee, A. Leven, Y. Baeyens, V. Houtsma, G. Georgiou, Y. Yang, J. Frackoviak, A. Tate, R. Reyes, R. F. Kopf, W. J. Sung, N. G. Weimann, and Y. K. Chen, "An InGaAs/InP HBT differential transimpedance amplifier with 47 GHz bandwidth," in Gallium Arsenide Integrated Circuit (GaAs IC) Symposium, 2003. 25th Annual Technical Digest 2003. IEEE, 2003, pp. 245-248.

:)

best regards
duan Lian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back