Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure bldc motor winding resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiquoe

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have 3 phase bldc motor. i want to know its winding resistance. but i don't know how to measure it.
help please?

regards

People used an ohmmeter in older days.

There are two concurrent specifications: winding resistance and something like connection or terminal resistance. With a three terminal motor, you can measure only the latter directly, the winding resistance (star or delta circuit has to be calculated).

i have measured the terminal resistance. but why did the measured value on the ohmmeter always drop?

I don't expect, that it further drops after a few seconds.

i have measured resitance between two terminals (phases), it's about 1,1 ohm.
so can i use it as motor resistance to calculate the current?
i mean, if the motor spec. says that the input voltage is 24v, so the current is 24v/1.1ohm. can be like that?

The BLDC motor would be operated rather constant current than constant voltage. A higher voltage than the resistive voltage drop is required to achieve non-zero speed, compensating the motor e.m.f.

I would be better to consult a motor data sheet or catalog to know the specification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back