Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make DC-DC converter (12 volt to 330volts) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

threshold0420

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to make DC-DC converter (12 volt to 330volts) ?

pushpull topology.

Hi
How much power do you need ? it is pretty simple . use and SG3526 , and two mosfet and an optocoupler and a zener diode ( or perhaps variable zener diode ) .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

350 watts.

can i use this circuit? and modify the turn ratio of transformer? any suggestion? :)

**broken link removed**

can i please you to post the circuit for SG3526 with feedback loop? i appreciated your reply. :)

For feed back loop , you can use this circuit as well :
https://s3.picofile.com/file/7411225371/isolated_feedback.jpg

And for SG3526 see it's datasheet , please , the manufacturer suggested some circuits . and if you don't understand it's circuits or how to work with them , ask me again . be sure that i will guide you .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

By the way the filter that you have used as EMI in input . is not good . it should be at AC line and in differential mode ( differential filter )

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hello Goldsmith

this is my finish product of dc dc converter 12vdc to 310 dvc. may problem now is the generation of sinewave 60hz

from your description, I can not confirm if transformer should be modified turns, need know input voltage and output voltage, it seems EI42 transformer form appearance, however one side of bobbin was destroed, it should be have center tap, if you supply more informations, I maybe can give you some suggestion.

hello szhighstar how are you?

ferrite transformer is from UPS APC-es500. yes one side of bobbin is damage is it big deal?

i'm not sure about the transformer winding i think the primary is 4 turn center tap and secondary is 19 turn center tap.

the input voltage is 12 volts DC and output is 310 vdc.

can you please kind enough to help me to create a pure sinewave inverter using this circuit.

using PWM techniques like WPI puresinewave inverter had.

thanks you

this is the circuit diagram
**broken link removed**

i would like also to use MCU for the 60hz sinewave

this block diagram is my reference:
**broken link removed**

Hi again
If you want achieve a 60 HZ sine wave , use a simple bubba oscillator .
Good luck
Goldsmith

My dear friend threshold0420, I glad to see your feedback, I am sorry I only know some knowledges fro magnetic parts, I am not familiar with total circuit, I still comment the transformer, turns of primary is 4Ts, turns of seondary winding is 19Ts with tape, normal it is even.
sorry, turns ratio is 4 to 19, if input voltage is 12 volts DC , output is about 57 volts DC, however you need 310V DC.
sorry, I can not root solve the question, only give few help for you.

I'm also glad to hear your concern about my transformer. you are right.

i think i had a false reading because of high frequency

the output of transformer is 700 AC.

i will update you soon. after I connect the rectifier, capacitor and feedback.

Hi Threshold0402, ok, I wait for your feedback, I guess there is question in your transformer.

**broken link removed**

here is my circuit powering the CFL. 320 vdc.

I have a question.

I cannot understand completely the push-pull converter.

If my input is 12vdc and output is 320vdc
so the ratio is 1:27.

Therefore,
If I had 4turns + 4 turns in primary (center tapped) how many turns in secondary? 108 turns?

please correct me if I am wrong. :)

You'd need roughly about that. But you should add more turns because:
1) Losses in the transformer and output rectification and filter stages.
2) You need to keep the output regulated even with about 10.5V-11V input (whatever the minimum input voltage is).

So, if minimum input voltage is 10.5V, the actual required ratio is about, 10.5V : 330V.
So, that's a ratio of approximately 31.43.
So, if you have 4+4 turns primary, for secondary, you'd need at least 126 turns.

If required, you can increase the number of turns a little bit too. That shouldn't cause much problem, since the feedback stage will fix that.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back