Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make custom 4.8Volt battery pack for RC Car ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juanchotal

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Rc Car Help

Hello to everyone.
I`m trying to find out if i could make a Ni-Cd 4.8 V battery pack, consisting of
4 rechargeable batteries for a Nikko jeep Monster Rc car on the cheap, since
everywhere i've asked wants to charge big $$ for it.
Can i assemble the batteries myself? if so is it dangerous?
Is it possible to find this kind of batts on stores? and how much will it cost?
Thank you very much
and cheers from spain!

Rc Car Help

Hello

If you still can get NiCd batteries (they have been banned because of the cadmium), it is worth to try. NiCd batteries are robust and forgiving. I don't know the current drain, but you might need special batteries that support high current. I think when you use types that can be fast-charged, you will be OK.

You may use fast-chargeable NiMh batteries (more mAh in the same package and easy to get). When you contact a RC model hobby shop or hobby electronics shop, they will definitely have suitable batteries for you.

One thing, older good fast-charge chargers for NiCd may not charge NiMh well (because of less delta-V near required charge termination point). Best thing is to charge them when they are empty with the recommended slow charge, it gives the longest life.

¡Espero que vas a encontrarlas!

Rc Car Help

WimRFP, thank you very much for your reply, Iḿ sorry I didnt answer before (had exams), anyway, very useful. I dont know how this page works and if I can rate your comments?.

Rc Car Help

There should be a 'helped me' button next to his post that you can click on.

Keith

Re: Rc Car Help

Hello,

Your exams are far more important then the batteries. If you fail to pass, you have to wait for the next year (maybe), the battery issue you can solve at any time you want. In case of any doubt, don't hesitate to post again.

I never posted a question, so I don't have experience with the rating system, but I am 100% sure you can rely on Keith's reply.

Rc Car Help

I usually only ask questions so I have never seen the 'helped me' button, but I have been assured it exists!

Keith

Rc Car Help

Hello Keith,

When I look into the forum, I can only find answers from you to questions from others :)

Rc Car Help

Post a question about the problem in the 'about EDAboard.com' forum. There have been some posts about people not being able to see the 'helped me' button and I am suspicious there is a significant problem with it that affects quite a lot of people.

Keith

Rc Car Help

Yes you can safely make a 4.8v battery pack with the help of battery holders or you can combine the battries in series by soldering the wire
and join battries by adhesive tape.
Make sure that all the battries have identical current rating.
Higher current rating gives your car a long run but dont exceed the voltage beyond 4.8v.

Well I dont think there is 'helped me' feature in 'Off Topic Chat ' section of this forum.

:)

my_books said:
Well I dont think there is 'helped me' feature in 'Off Topic Chat ' section of this forum.

:)

Ah, that would explain it. One of the moderators mentioned that it wasn't on some forums but didn't say which!

Keith

Try Futurlec.com there price on recharge battery are very good price and yes you can do your own battery connect it will be safe the Only thing you Do is Damage the Battery and Do not over charge the battery All try Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back