Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to make an electromagnetic wave detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajaram04

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello sir
I want to confirm about if my any designed system is propagating an e.m. wave or not ! i mean no matter its of too short frequency but i want to confirm its working that is it working or not simply :) please help with a simple circuit diagram

hm its in kilo hertz range say a 45 khz frequency :)

Place a coil of wire nearby, one which is suitable to detect 45 kHz.

It may work better if you make a parallel LC resonant loop (tank circuit). It will detect only 45 kHz.

Amplify the waveform as needed.

What kind of coil is suitable? Maybe 100uH.

.012 uF for the capacitor, if you make an LC resonant loop.

sir would you please show me the proper circuit diagram of what you are explaning to me please ? . . thanks

I suggest trying all possible of ways to hook up the coil, along with biasing arrangements, etc.

It pays to look things up with an internet search. Example, this link is a discussion about detecting a 6 kHz EM field. You probably can get by with a simpler method than the schematic at the bottom of the page.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/general-electronics-chat/127684-ferrite-coil-receiver.html

By the way, I was wrong about the value of the capacitor in post #4. It ought to be .12 uF.

kk sir let me proceed n understand the basic here first . . thanks a lot sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back