Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to locate nodes in SPEF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

oAwad

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to search in the layout for each node of the coupling capacitance in the SPEF file, but I can't find a way to locate them in the layout. I'm using SoC encounter 8.1

ask2.PNG

Another question, if net *2102 and *2127 are two parallel wires brought near to each other, why each node on them have different capacitance ?
and if I want to one value to represent the coupling between them, which one should I take ? or I should take the average ?

SPEF is standard so all the tools will print the location of pins/ports. It will be part CONN portion of the spef file. the numbers of coupling caps are different depending on how the tool is breaking up the wires into pieces to estimate the total capacitance. You can really find out the caps on the net through visual inspection, it has to be done using a spice simulator or STA tool which can calculate the effective cap.

SPEF is standard so all the tools will print the location of pins/ports. It will be part CONN portion of the spef file. the numbers of coupling caps are different depending on how the tool is breaking up the wires into pieces to estimate the total capacitance. You can really find out the caps on the net through visual inspection, it has to be done using a spice simulator or STA tool which can calculate the effective cap.

or by checking the commented out lines in the SPEF file itself, in which some tools put the sum of the cap for that specific net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back