Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to invert output from transistor for drive LED ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmc01

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I use 2n2222 for drive 1W series 4 LED but output from transistor is alternate on/off. How to invert output from transistor for drive LED ?

Untitled.jpg

I cant understand your circuit. Please explain exactly what you want to do.

if you only want to drive one led then get ride of Q1 and Q2 ,,R6 R3 R2 and place the button on R1 it will solve your issue if i understood your post

The circuit is a NAND gate.
When both switches are turned on then the LED will be turned off.
R1 does nothing and can be replaced with a piece of wire.

The OP wants the output to be the opposite so the circuit will be an AND gate.

But the LED will blow up because it has nothing limiting its current.

EDIT: I forgot to say to add an inverting transistor circuit to the output to make the circuit an AND gate.
EDIT again.

Last edited:

if you want to make and gate then place the LED after R6 in series with Q1 collector and remove R1 and Q3circuit.jpg

Reactions: mmc01

mmc01

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Right, Audoguru. If both switches are pressed bothtansistors conduct and short the base of Q3 to ground.That turns off Q3 so the LED is OFF. If any of the buttons are openthe LED is ON He needs a current limiting resistor to protect the LED. Tariq circuit works but both buttons have to be pressedfor the LED to turn ON. Dontknow, even think, thats what omc01 wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.