Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to interface Dracula with Tanner L-Edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krrao

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using Tanner L-Edit for Layouts and Cadenc's Dracula for the verification. Can anybody can help me out in how to interface the Dracula with Tanner.

Tanner works in Windows & Dracula in Linux.

Pls if any body can provide me the detailed step by step procedure on verifiying (DRC, LVS) the Tanner layout in Dracula.

If anybody can help me out in this regard this would be a great help for me.

Hi rao,
baically you are having two different operating systems with which Tanner and dracula works.
Theoritically it is not possibel to interface cross platform softwares. If it is simpe windows application, it can run in linux using WINE utility. But tanner being a EDA tool it is not possible to do so.The best way left out is to manually translate either way using built in translators to do the verification.

cheers

You may need to export the layout into GDS format and then import it to Virtuoso or run Dracula. You can also import Dracula rule file into Tanner/LEDIT and run DRC insite Tanner.

mm

Added after 16 seconds:

You may need to export the layout into GDS format and then import it to Virtuoso or run Dracula. You can also import Dracula rule file into Tanner/LEDIT and run DRC inside Tanner.

mm

Ledit export to GDSII file, then in cadence import this GDSII file, now ,you can do DRC check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back