Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install Medici in Red-Hat Linux 7.3.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

choplin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to install Medici in Red-had linux7.3. I have a install file E017_medici_instal.exe, but i don't know how to install and use it.
thanks for any advice.

Re: about Medici

Hi,

E017_medici_instal.exe is windows version. You have to get linux version of it which will be in *.tar.gz, *.rpm format.

For installing rpm format ,

# rpm -ivh filename.rpm

The documentation of this installation will be installed in /usr/shar/doc
You can find there the usage instructions.

For instllaling tar.gz format,

#gunzip filename.tar.gz
#tar -xvf filename.tar

The following is common procedure. If you want some specific runtime parameters to be given while installation, it will be there in INSTALL file.
#cd filename
#./configure
#make
#make install
The documentation will be in /doc folder.

Best wishes.

Re: about Medici

The "E017_medici_instal.exe" is work under the Unix platform. Do be fooled about the "exe" extension.
Method
1. upload the file to Unix plateform
2. chmod 755 E017_medici_instal.exe
3. execute it

ps. You can edit it by a binary editor in Windows environment, and you will find it is an shell script

about Medici

i look for the software long time, cay anyboby release the licnese? the software medici_200409

Status
Not open for further replies.