Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to import layout from Virtosuo to Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatrebel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

We are designing a chip which includes a mixed signal macro. I have the GDS for the MS macro. I am wondering how I can import the layout of the MS macro into our design in Encounter. I load into the gds file during design import, but nothing happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

are u using correct layermap file ?

you can convert the *.gds file to *.lef file using abstract and import lef file to encounter

Actually You should not use the .GDSII directly. Because to reduce the size of internal database Encounter only deals with abstract views (.LEF). Which contains the information about the Metal obstrct (Region where metal should not be routed by Encounter) & contact details.

As suggested by blue1988 generate the .LEF. (You may not need to use "abstract". You can directly generate it from the Virtuso (Export > LEF). Than treat the module as a blackbox in encounter & declare it in VHDL/Verilog top level.

I heard that the latest SOC Encounter versions are supporting virtuoso layouts as well. You can move to virtuoso from SOC Encounter to modify something & you can come back after that. But, this feature may require extra license.

Yes, that is the case if you are using the OA (Open Access) database.
But for that your analog design should also be in OA format.

I don't think any additional license are require.

Cadence has multiple license(Nano_Encounter_DBS & FE_GPS) feature which will serve different purpose.

To use this feature, we may need superior licenses like "Encounter_Digital_Impl_Sys_XL".

thank you very much for all the help from you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back