Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to have the neutral point from three phase motor terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzou_ua

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My motor has general 3 phase stator terminals, but I want to measure the phase-to-neutral voltage (for some control purpose). How can I have the neutral point to do the measurement then??
Pls help!! Thx a lot!

There are basically two star points. The real star point of the supply network (the neutral wire) and the center of the three phase voltages which can be generated by a wye resistor network. Both coincide for a symmetrical loaded supply network.

Reactions: yzou_ua

yzou_ua

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I got it.
Also, my ph-ph stator voltage is 220Vrms(311Vpeak), so I use 200K Ohm wye resistor with 1/2W. Such design is ok?? So, the less resistor curr., the better? Or any other thing should be paid attention in selecting wye resistor?
Thx a lot!

There are basically two star points. The real star point of the supply network (the neutral wire) and the center of the three phase voltages which can be generated by a wye resistor network. Both coincide for a symmetrical loaded supply network.

Input resistance of the measurement circuit and resistor power dissipation are the constraints, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.