Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get the binay matrix inverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSAKARIM

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can I get inverse of binary matrices ?
for example a=[0101 1111 0100
0001 1001 1000
1010 0111 0110]

I believe it is not possible to be performed with non-square matrices

Boolean matrix inverse

I need to find inverse of 4*4 byte binary matrix , when i searched i found some algorithm can be used to solve this problem but i don't know how to implement it . the algorithm is named " the extended Euclid algorithm"?

Re: Boolean matrix inverse

what do you mean by "4*4 byte binary matrix"?

a 4 x 4 matrix of integers in [-128, 127] where "+" is "+ mod 256" and "*" is "* mod 256"? This might not have an inverse.
a 4 x 4 matrix of integers in [0, 255] where "+" is "+ mod 256" and "*" is "* mod 256"? This might not have an inverse.
This is because some elements do not have inverses themselves. for example 1 = (2 * x) mod 256 has no solution if x must be an integer.

a 32 x 32 matrix of {0,1} where "+" is "xor" and "*" is "and"? This could have an inverse.
a 4 x 4 matrix of elements of a gf256? This could have an inverse.
These don't have numeric interpretations.

Re: Boolean matrix inverse

what do you mean by "4*4 byte binary matrix"?

a 4 x 4 matrix of integers in [-128, 127] where "+" is "+ mod 256" and "*" is "* mod 256"? This might not have an inverse.
a 4 x 4 matrix of integers in [0, 255] where "+" is "+ mod 256" and "*" is "* mod 256"? This might not have an inverse.
This is because some elements do not have inverses themselves. for example 1 = (2 * x) mod 256 has no solution if x must be an integer.

a 32 x 32 matrix of {0,1} where "+" is "xor" and "*" is "and"? This could have an inverse.
a 4 x 4 matrix of elements of a gf256? This could have an inverse.
These don't have numeric interpretations.

Example of 4*4byte matrix > i need to calculate its modular inverse
Matrix.png

What part are you having trouble with? You may be having problems as 8b values can have 256 values, but 256 is not a prime number. As a result, not all bytes have a modular inverse.

What part are you having trouble with? You may be having problems as 8b values can have 256 values, but 256 is not a prime number. As a result, not all bytes have a modular inverse.

I need a general algorithm to apply it on any matrix like that in the previous image regardless its value ..

I need a general algorithm to apply it on any matrix like that in the previous image regardless its value ..

If the binary values represent numbers, and addition/multiplication are done in the normal way, then you can't always solve for the inverse. 1 = (2*x) % 256 has no solution in integers -- even numbers don't have a multiplicative inverse. Thus [2,0,0;0,2,0;0,0,2] has no solution.

If the binary values represent numbers modulo a prime (eg, mod 251), and addition/multiplication are done modulo that prime, then you can invert any invertable matrix. however, 251, 252, 253, 254, and 255 are no longer valid values. Also addition/multiplication are done modulo 251, which can be annoying.

If the binary values represent non-numbers from a galois field, then you can invert any invertable matrix. However, addition and multiplication are weird and the binary values don't represent numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back