Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to generate this clock waveform with PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

taofeng

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to generate N clock cycles with T+ deltaT , then N clock cycles with T+2*deltaT, then N clock cycles with T+3*deltaT,..... and then go back, N cycles with T-deltaT, T-2*deltaT , T-3*deltaT. Please see the attached for details.

thanks,

jef

taofeng said:
Hi,
I want to generate N clock cycles with T+ deltaT , then N clock cycles with T+2*deltaT, then N clock cycles with T+3*deltaT,..... and then go back, N cycles with T-deltaT, T-2*deltaT , T-3*deltaT. Please see the attached for details.

thanks,

jef

Hi taofeng,
is T+deltaT a voltage, a current or what ?

Cause the waveform has 5 discrete levels, it involves at least a 3 bit output signal. It can be easily generated by a 3 bit counter and digital logic. You also need some kind of a 3-Bit-DAC, e.g. a resistor network or weighted current sources.

FvM said:
Cause the waveform has 5 discrete levels, it involves at least a 3 bit output signal. It can be easily generated by a 3 bit counter and digital logic. You also need some kind of a 3-Bit-DAC, e.g. a resistor network or weighted current sources.

@taofeng
Are you designing a DPLL ?

Nice idea FvM.
I would think to use a N (or N/2) counter ,a 3 bit counter an appropriate encoder for the retur and a DAC.

AdvaRes said:
taofeng said:
Hi,

thanks,

jef

Hi taofeng,
is T+deltaT a voltage, a current or what ?

It is clock period !

Added after 1 minutes:

AdvaRes said:
FvM said:

@taofeng
Are you designing a DPLL ?

Nice idea FvM.
I would think to use a N (or N/2) counter ,a 3 bit counter an appropriate encoder for the retur and a DAC.

thank you for the reply, but I want to different clock frequencies, not the voltage ! thanks

taofeng said:
I want different clock frequencies, not the voltage ! thanks
Then I guess this would be a nice job for a µP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back