Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to forward a port to local hosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashhur

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone!

im experiencing a problem with port forwarding.

I have 2 routers hold static global IPs (given by ISP). For each routers, there are local hosts behind.
Let's say, routers' ips are R1_IPAddr and R2_IPAddr where local machines R1_IPAddr_localIP1, R2_IPAddr_localIP1 etc...

I wanna send a message from R1_IPAddr_localIP1 to R2_IPAddr_localIP1 on 5000 port.

Here is what I did:
1) went to the router setting and set the port forwarding for R1_IPAddr_localIP1 on 5000 port number.
2) created a socket binds 5000 port with R2_IPAddr_localIP1 and tries to connect to R1_IPAddr and run it on R2_IPAddr_localIP1 host.

I was supposed to connect to R1_IPAddr_localIP1 but nothing happened.
NOTE: forwarding global port 4000 where local is 5000 and also im certainly using TCP/IP connection and forward TCP port.

Please share if somebody has any ideas!

Thanks in advance.

port forwarding is done to allow incoming connections to a particular local host ip, you have done the port forwarding on the wrong router.

if you want to make a connection from R1_IPAddr_localIP1 to R2_IPAddr_localIP1 on port 5000 . then R2 should be configured for port forwarding (to R2_IPAddr_localIP1:5000)

in order to check whether the port is forwarded properly on R2 to R2_IPAddr_localIP1 , you can try to access the following website from a computer connected to R2

**broken link removed**

enter 5000 and click check

you should get port open message, provided the port is open on R2_IPAddr_localIP1, by creating a socket binds.

Status
Not open for further replies.