Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to fix delay of MAX6818 debounce IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansika

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI all,
i am designing a circuit which is having 8 switches which are to be interfaced to a micro controller, to interface switches to the controller i am using max6818 debounce IC, i have write a program in controller that if any switch state is changes corresponding serial data is transmitted what i observed is when the switch state is changed the serial data is coming with noticeable delay say 2 sec, i am not writing any delays in the software here i am using the simple 8051 microcontroller, can any one please tell me why this is happening i have connected the max6818 as given below

all 8 in pins are connected to switches and all 8 out pins are connected to controller, and vcc pin is connected to 5V ang gnd pin connected to gnd,and /EN is connected to gnd and i left the /ch pin. can any one please tell me why this is happening (delay) thanks in advance

Re: how to use max6818

Hi all

In my opinion the connectios are perfect.
Have you already checked the outputs OUT1 to OUT8 whith an oscilloscope or a multimeter
It is high unlikely there is an enormous bounce in the switches but.....

Best Francisco

Re: how to use max6818

Hi

Have you found the problem?
If you have solved the issue, please show us the problem and the solution, it is very important for the community
and someone will certainly have the same problem .....

Best Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back