Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find the MAC address of an ethernet card inbuilt in a processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyagandu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
can any body tell me how to find the MAC address of a ethernet card inbuilted in a processor.

Re: To find MAC address

Do you mean something like an ARM controller with integrated MAC? in that case you have to define your own address. If you are planning to use it on the internet, you should get your own registered mac range from IEEE.

Well, if you're using Windows...goto MS-DOS PROMPT and type

ipconfig -all [ENTER]

how i get from IEEE. I want to find out the mac address of my device only inbuilted in a controller

Jos Brink said:
Do you mean something like an ARM controller with integrated MAC? in that case you have to define your own address. If you are planning to use it on the internet, you should get your own registered mac range from IEEE.

To best of my knowledge no microcontroller will have a MAC address for its ethernet controller. You will have to program it on some register.

Even for the controllers used in ethrnet cards the MAC address is stored in a external EEPROM.

The MAC address range is issued for the product producing company, not for the controller manufacturer.

go to dos prompt
type dos command ipconfig/all
this command after execution gives you six field MAC address.

hi,
please tell me the procedure for getting mac ranges from IEEE. how i approach IEEE.

Jos Brink said:

To find MAC address

Hi satyagandu, Your second question is a bit ambiguous. Perhaps you want to buy a range of MAC addresses (OUI or IAB) from the IEEE for use in your new controller products, or perhaps you want to see a list of all public MAC ranges that the IEEE has sold to manufacturers.
Both answers are here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back