Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to extract timing, latitude and longitude information from the GPS Module??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You So Much i had changed the GPS UTC time to Indian time by Adding 5:30 to it.

Hello!! Few Days back i purchased the GPS Module from Local Market not having any part number and manufacturer id.

I asked the supplier he provide me the connection diagram.
After connecting it with the required connection, i am getting this response on Serial Port at 9600 Baud Rate, on powering on this module.

Code:
$PMTK011,MTKGPS*08
$PMTK010,001*2E
$GPGGA,235944.037,,,,,0,0,,,M,,M,,*41
$GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*1E
$GPGSV,1,1,00*79
$GPRMC,235944.037,V,,,,,0.00,0.00,050180,,,N*48

I am getting this data continuously on serial port.
Basically i need to obtain time, latitude and longitude information as required in my project.

Can anyone please help me how to do so.

my GPS its the same situation...i can't get coordinates...I download the software cockpit indicated by ZASto .. but he finds only 1 satelite .. in last Friday software found various satellites but gave no coordinated ... I left the building as requested .. but thought it was just a satellite appearing and disappearing:-?
Best Reguards

It takes 15 to 20 minutes for GPS module to show all data if you are indoor. One after the other the data will start appearing. I tested a GPS yesterday which was used for Vehicle Tracking System and it took 25 minutes to start giving all datas.

I wait for a 30 minutes and nothing..i dont know..but maybe is a cloudy weather?I went back to the building and then it started to rain..this may be the cause of not working today?

Status
Not open for further replies.