Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to efficiently simulate large empty distances between elements in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to simulate larger volumes, however I am currently constrained by my ram of 32 Gb.

I have two specialized phase plates that can change OAM states & I have a 0.2 THz gaussian beam source. I use the time based solver with hexahedral mesh.

These components should be separated by about a dm of free space. And I have not found a way to do this in the simulation. Since such a distance creates too many cells at any acceptable mesh density

I have tried to use Field Source monitors to capture a slice of the field at a certain distance to use as a new source. The idea was to slice the distance in chunks and compute the field propagation one slice at the time. I expected this would work since virtually all of the field should stay within the sliced area. However the amplitude of the beam was greatly reduced each circle. Is there a method of making this work, or am I misusing tools for purposes they are not intended for?

What I think would make more sense is to calculate the diffraction of the observed field exiting the first phase plate at some distance and using that as the new source for the second phase plate. Is there an inbuilt function for this or am I going to need to write my own script for this approach?

I am very much new to EM simulation. So I might just be trying to solve the problem the wrong way. Please let me know your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back