Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to draw exponential taper in CST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lvlax

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
exponential taper

Hi all,

I'm currently designing Vivaldi antenna at 2.4GHz. The thing is I have a problem in drawing its exponential taper in CST. currently I drew the taper by using the blend edges function, but I think the taper rate is not according to the required taper rate. Does anyone knows how to draw it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

draw exponential curve

u have the formula of shape profie, using matleab calculate Raduis and axial length table data, keep in notepad ,and feed diectly in CST , option is there to load such files and sweep 360 degree

cst vivaldi antenna

The easier way is to do like this
In Manu Bar

Macors->Curve->Creat 2D curve analytically (xy-UV)

vivaldi antenna equation

Hi snkhan,

i tried to do the curve as how u said..
the problem is, the opening rate of the taper profile cannot be set to what my antenna required is or the curve would be going on to either right or left not up...how can I fix this? or if anyone else who design vivaldi antenna can help me? perhaps we can discuss about it, thank you.

cst taper

As kecbackbencher suggested, use matlab to draw it. take a look at this post:

you can draw a line/curve using equation in Matlab and save that two column matrix as a text file. Then in CST, Curves > New curve and select Spline. Press Esc to have a window where you can import the .txt file. Select the .txt file and press OK. That's the curve you are looking for.

expotential taper

ok, i'll try to do it..

thank you very much for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back