Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do LVS for a digital design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatrebel

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am designing PnR for a digital chip using Encounter. Currently we do not have GDS files but LEF files for std cells from vendor. I am wondering how I can do LVS check in Encounter. Or do I need to use other tools like Assura to do LVS? Since I do not have schematic, whehter I need to convert the netlist into schematic, and which netlist I should use for the convertion, the one I used as design import for PnR or the one generated by Encounter after routing?

Thanks in advanced

First of all, you should get two files of std cells from your vendor : First, gds file to streamIn to your layout view(Laker) as a refenence library. Second, spice file to included in when doing LVS(calibre).

Using your P&R datebase to get final gds and streamIn to layout view with reference library of std cell.
Using your P&R database to get final physical netlist and "v2lvs" command (calibre) to conver netlist to schematic.
Then you can do LVS by using above gds and schematic.

hi amanyuny,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have already gotten the gdf streamed into Virtuso and netlist converted into DFII. But when I run LVS by Assura, it failed, becuase Errors exist in the rules file './extract.rul'. There is an unbound value called SCraw. It is the first time I use Assura LVS. Could you please give me any help on this.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back