Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to do jitter measurement in HSpice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_mosazadeh

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in hspice is it possible to measure jitter of pll or not?

jitter measurment

Inject noise model in the PLL then you can measure the output and caculate the jitter from hspice simulation .

jitter simulation spectre

can you explia you method little more?

observe jitter

Nobody said:
Inject noise model in the PLL then you can measure the output and caculate the jitter from hspice simulation .

I am intersted.
Can u give more details?

hspice jitter measure

I think that you can use PSS(Periodic Steady-State) and Pnoise analysis in Spectre. But I donot know how to do in Hspice. T want to know how to do it with Hspice.

jitter measurement spectre

Yes, in hspice u can measure jitter by changing the x-axis

jitter modeling in bang-bang pll

hi xuel can u futher elaborate on your statement.

regards
amarnath

hspice jitter measurement

calculating jitter in hspice..... need to get more details........ can somebody elaborate it.....

qpss noise

to calculate the long term jitter.u can follow this.just run the tran simulation for about say 10us.(iam simulating a 50Mhz pll).then in cadence go to results browser from the analog environment.then right click on the vco output(the net whose jitter we need to calculate) and click calculator.after opening the calculator ,calculate the frequency and time period of the waveform.note down this time period.then select the waveform once again and now use the eyediagram function in the calculator ,now enter the data required for the eye diagram.u will measure jitter from the time the pll has aquired lock to the end of the tran simulation period.so just enter those times.then enter the period of the waveform.then click apply and then click evaluate to view the eye diagram.now someone should tell me how to simulate phase noise of the pll

regards
amarnath

if i have a eye diagram how to measure jitter

can someone tell me how to perform a pss,qpss,noise analysis in spectre.also i need help regarding phase noise simulation in spectre.please help if u have done this before.

regards
amarnath

measure jitter hspice

I heard one shouldn't observe jitter by the eyediagram method.
you can find more information from https://designers-guide.com.

Hspice cannot perform the simulation for jitter measurement.
you should use spectreRF to simulate PSS and Pnoise to get jitter of every part of the PLL(PFD/CP, divider, VCO), then use model to simulation the over all jitter.[/img][/code]

Added after 2 minutes:

Here is a link for jitter measurement. I hope it help.

32 jitter

hello nibo_mmx,but in most of the IEEE papers i find ee diagrams for plotting the jitter,what according to u is the problem with this method.the method suggested in ken kunderts paper is for behavioral simulation.but i dont think everytime u need to go in for that method.

hspice jitter

2 amarnath:

In my opinion, there should be eye diagrams with jitter MEASUREMENT in papers. Can you reference any paper with simulated jitter shown in eye diagram?

calculuating jitter

hello please refer this paper,
AN IMPROVED BANG BANG PHASE DETECTOR FOR CLOCK AND DATA RECOVERY APPLICATIONS:MEHRDAD RAMEZANI,C.ANDRE,C.SALAMA

REGARDS
AMARNATH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back