Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to do flash bist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormwolf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now i learn mbist of mentor, and i found that they don't tell about flash.
Flash operate is different from rom, ram, which shoud write one page date to ram frist, after page write a command send to flash to save the data.
So i think the bist of flash is different with rom, ram, And did you know how to insert bist with flash ? or you have some idea about it ?
Thanks very much!

Hi,
For FLASH memories also we can generate bist controller I feel . You get the memory testing spec sheet from the Vendor .There specifically you need to look for the sequence of alogorithm's required & also the algorithm of each one ,if thats not available in the mentor's algorithm list .

Regards
Chandhramohan

for flash,you must get the bad block from the mark made by factory,and you also need to do r/w test for the rest block to identify bad block!!

Prof. CW Wu from National Tsing-Hua University has done extensive research on Flash memory testing. Check out his lecture notes under
**broken link removed**

A link to this can be found under **broken link removed**

Hi dr_dft,
Thanks for sharing the link ,it has got some intresting & usefull documents on DFT .

Regards
Chandhramohan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back