Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to determine the frequency setup of UWB antenna in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smnobo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a UWB antenna bu using HFSS, but the problem is how to determin the frequency setup (for analysis). for example when i would to simulate the UWB to operate from 2GHz to 10 GHz, what is the desired frequency of analysis and how can i determiun it? . Can anyone help me!
Thanks for your help.

UWB & HFSS

Dear smnobo:
my friend and i discussed this problem , and in my opinion : the "solution frequency" is very important to UWB antenna , you know , if it is a frequency fixed MS antenna(has a center frequcny,when you design it ,for example) , the "solution frequency" is just fr, but regarding uwb antenna , it seems to if we set it higher will get a good result. my friend take a circle ring uwb antenna as a example , when he set the "solution frequency " at 12G , where the whole simulated band is 0-12G ,
the simulated result is close to the measured .
while i set the "solution frequency" at 7G , the result is bad . and we choose the "disctete solver".
hope this can help .
i will be glad if you can share some of your opinion.
rgz
kaka
please keep contact , my email is : fanqikai@163.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back