Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a loadcell (from the mechanic side)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myid123456

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends.
I know it is strange to ask this question here but I did not know where should I ask it.

I have to design a loadcell I know the electronic side(strain guage, full bridge, ADC,...) but I know nothing about the mechanic side. can you help me in any way. any document, paper, ebook,.... any thing whould bee useful.

thank you very much

Re: designing a loadcell

I've used it some week ago to measure the weight of a load that was fixed by a wire on vertical direction. In my setup I've a strain gauge mounted to a C shaped structure, the upper side has to be used in order to fix the load cell and on the bottom side there is a hole for a screw and I've used it to put a pulley with a wire inside used to sustain the load. This load cell work on traction, other type work for compression.

Here a link for a manufacturer.

**broken link removed**

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers
Powermos

designing a loadcell

Piezo material can be used for strain guage.
https://www.piezomaterials.com/

In general - the idea is, you have a 'springy' material - spring steel - that has piezo material adhered to - when the springy steel flexes - the piezo material reacts electrically (creates a voltage) and proportionate to the amount of flex of that 'springy' material. The 'springy' material also keeps the ceramic piezo material from breaking, thus, why the 'springy' steel wont visually seem like it is flexing - but it is in very small amounts.

Load cells are typically spec'd out for a weight range versus accuracy. And come in all shapes and sizes becuase of this.

Re: designing a loadcell

Dear friends
I want to know how to design the mechanic parts not to use a ready made loadcell.

do you know any refrence?

thankz

Status
Not open for further replies.