Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a frequency error detector and corrector circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

helenpenghan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to design a frequency error detector and corrector for hysteresis comparator in DC-DC converter system. I would like to maintain the hysteresis comparator output running at reference frequency. What I need to compare the output clock signal from hysteresis comparator with a reference clock frequency and modify the ouput clock signal by some voltage controled delay cells. I do not want to use PLL circuit cause it will bring steablity problem. Are there any better solutions using analog circuits to realize this function? Thanks very much.

Use digital frequency correction to avoid stability. However, frequency lock accuracy will be limited by digital step.

Status
Not open for further replies.