Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to derive 5.2MHz clock from 25MHz clk in digital domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaitu2k

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock generation

how di i derive 5.2MHz clock from 25 MHz clock in digital domain...i tried using counters but it does not give me the decimal part....

Re: clock generation

Hi dude,
this is a real challenging situation ...lets wait and see how many members can respond...
What I feel this is really a complicated secne is Digital Domain but you could go ahead and try PLL's or some such circuits....PLL you can change the ref voltage or some thing like that...

YET I'll try to figure this out soon i have already spread the word around, if i get some more info i will definately come back...

bye

yes, 50MHz/125*13=5.2MHz. You have integrated PLL's on many common FPGA's. For ASIC design: you'll have to design them yourself! (should not be too difficult with respect to the frequency range).

But take care of clock phase alignment!

clock generation

PLL can solve it.
But any easy way?

clock generation

pll can solve it . if you want to use digital circuit to implement it, you can try to use FSM to generate multiple clocks.

You can make a such oscillator with simple invertor and quarz.

In case you use pll you just need prescaler as div by 26 and feedback divider of 125. That would giv it to you with precision of 6.5ppm

Status
Not open for further replies.