Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define ports for a SIW transmission line in HFSS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arst4

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm going to simulate a simple SIW transmission line in 60 GHz and compare the loss with other transmission lines. could you please someone tell me how should I define ports for siw? I already define it as wave ports and put a radiation box (like for microstrips) but the results don't seems correct. S11 is much higher than it would be expected.

I'm going to simulate a simple SIW transmission line in 60 GHz and compare the loss with other transmission lines. could you please someone tell me how should I define ports for siw? I already define it as wave ports and put a radiation box (like for microstrips) but the results don't seems correct. S11 is much higher than it would be expected.

upload your model, I can check for you.

The integration line (direction of the E-field), should be stretched between the upper and lower layers of the substrate - that will enforce the correct mode at the ports. It's hard to say any more without more information.

Attach ur results along with ur model..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back