Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define or implement the chip resistor in IE3D software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am trying to make wilkinson power divider (equal or unequal power division) in IE3D , but don't know how to define or implement the chip resistor in IE3D software.

if anybody has any idea or tutorial example , kindly share ion this forum.

with regards
abhi

Re: IE3D doubt

Dear Abhi,

if you have an S-parameter file of the chip resistor, in the IE3D simulation you leave away the resistor and insert two localized internal ports instead. After the IE3D simulation you can then in Modua connect the resistor S-parameter file to the two internal ports.

If you rather mean a resistive area which is manufactured together with the copper metalisation, then you can define a new metal type with the desired sheet impedance in the Basic Parameters window and draw a polygon in the layout for the resistor which references the new metal type.

Andreas John

Re: IE3D doubt

hi,

i am trying to make wilkinson power divider (equal or unequal power division) in IE3D , but don't know how to define or implement the chip resistor in IE3D software.

if anybody has any idea or tutorial example , kindly share ion this forum.

with regards
abhi

hey hv u designed wilkinson power dividre which transmission line u hv used cpw or microstrip if u hv designed nd got the desired result then plzz reply me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back