Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to create .elf file in green hills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartshashi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have created workspace in green hills and able to compile it sucessfully. But it is not creating the .elf file.
I put the '-o wr.elf' command but not working also tried all possible options but not working. Can anybody
help me how to create .elf file with green hills?

Thanks.
Shashi

Move the question to "Embedded Systems and Real-Time OS" forum.

What kind of project did you create in Multi (I assume by green hills you wanted to say that but green hills has multiple products so specifying should be good) application/library?

Hi Microkernel,

The project is created with no operating system(standalone) for MPC5553 platform and compiled the simple 'Hello World' program( not using any library). Does it need any library to create .elf file?

Your last message suggests that you are using the IDE. In that case you cannot set the executable extension using this option. Whatever you'll specify if that doesn't match settings from IDE, IDE settings will prevail. So, you have to specify through the proper dialogue box. And from IDE, by default stand alone Hello world will output an executable with no extension. So if you project name is helloWorld, the executable name would be the same.

In case you are using a compiler options file then you could specify the output file name using -o.

In any case, it is not necessary to append .elf to an executable to actually execute it on target.

If more discussion is needed, move to "Embedded Systems and Real-Time OS" forum. More people there might be found there using MULTI actively.

I already tried with output file name using -o but it is not generating the elf file. I have attached my testcode here (Test.rar). Can you please check once and modify the same if possible.
I already put the my query in "Embedded Systems and Real-Time OS" forum but no response from anyone.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• Test.rar
    190.2 KB · Views: 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back