Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] how to convert old recorded films at magnetic tape cassetes (vidios) to CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shahbaz.ele

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
I have some recorded vidioes at magnetic tape, now I want to transform them on CDs.
can anyone help me in this regards.

I wouldn't bother putting video recordings on CD, the only 'standard' for doing that is VCD and the quality isn't much good, it also wont play on many machines.
Go for DVD instead, that will let you preserve the best quality and they cost little more than a CD.

What you need is a video capture device, this can be a USB stick, a Firewire device or a plug-in card. It converts the video and audio from the recording into a data stream, usually AVI. Then you use a program to author the disc, that is, editing and adding menus, then finally you use a DVD burner to create the playable disk. It isn't difficult but you may have to do some experimenting until you master it.

Brian.

can not understand what type of ( a Firewire device or a plug-in card. It converts the video and audio from the recording into a data stream, usually AVI ) device.
what it could be ?

Something like this: **broken link removed**

The video and audio from your tape is analog, you need something like this to convert it to digital before you can put it on DVD.

Brian.

dear all
I have some recorded vidioes at magnetic tape, now I want to transform them on CDs.
can anyone help me in this regards.

You will require a device in your computer which can take in analog video and audio. Some of such devices are mentioned below.
1. A video capture card.
2. A T.V Tuner card.
3. A Satellite Tv Tuner card.

I understand what is that

1. I need to run my video on video player
2. take its output as input to computer via picgak mentioned cards
3. save / record on DVD/CD/computer HD

is it so ?

yes capture using any of those cards and save it to your hard disk first and then transfer it to cd or dvd

Something like this: **broken link removed**

The video and audio from your tape is analog, you need something like this to convert it to digital before you can put it on DVD.

Brian.

I recently bought one of those type of USB video capture devices. It works quite well.

You need to burner software to record the film in cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.