Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert netlist from Orcad to Cadstar 9.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boopal

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Experts,

I am new to this tool Cadstar 9.0 and i have few question, Could you please help me?

1. How to save Footprints from the Present design to cadstar Footprints library?

2. What format i have to generate netlist from Orcad to Cadstar? I have done few trials which didn't work :(

Thanks in advance for quick reply.

Boopal

rinf netlist

Export your present design as a pcb archive.
Then go to 'Libraries/PCB Components'.
Then 'Add File'
Select the Archive file.
The footprints will be added to your library.

There is an option to import an Orcad netlist into a Cadstar pcb design

cadstar 9.0

hi
as mentioned in the above reply you will get the library for ntelist you have to do the following:
you can import the netlist in rinf format from orcad as cadstar supports this format.
In orcad go to other during netlist generation you will see the in the fromat option there is rinf netlist .
you can directly import this netlist into cadstar .
one you have to do is open the rinf file in notepad delete all the lines containg the text add component and save the file.
now in cadstar pcb file place all the components as mentioned in the BOM and impor the rinf netlist.
Make sure that there is not any single node in your schematic otherwise it will not be imported into the cadstar.

regards,
Ricky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back