Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control a manual robot by gamepad???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nghiad85

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
controller psx cvavr

I need to build a manual robot that can be controlled by gamepad.
Please show me how to do? if you Can,please give me some detail examples.
Thanks.

what is your gamepad and controller?
i have already finished a project using psx (playstation) and avr, may be i can help you, if you used psx and avr too.

joerieg said:
what is your gamepad and controller?
i have already finished a project using psx (playstation) and avr, may be i can help you, if you used psx and avr too.
Thank you very much, joerieg.
I want to control my robot by using psx. so if you could, please tell me how to do that.
I'm waiting for your answer.

sorry i dont have any pictures about my project so i try to give u some explanation about my schematic.
first you have to search some picture of psx(try to visit **broken link removed**) then you'll see there are 9 ports or cables on the psx.
1 data
2. command
3. N/C (not connected)
4. gnd
5. Vcc
6. ATT
7.Clock
8 N/C
9. ACK

then you have to connect each cable into the port of controller (i used AT90S8535 and i used SPI, master is controler-slave is psx .But, it doesn't matter if you use another controllers, i think the main idea is similar )

data->PORTB.6(MISO)
Command->PORTB.5(MOSI)
ATT->PORTB.1
Clock->PORTB.7(SCK)
ACK->PORTB.2
gnd->gnd
vcc->vcc

for the programming i used cvavr, may be i can upload it later if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.