Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to construct a gyroscope so that it can be interfaced with PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirangv

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project on robotics,i would like to place a gyroscope for stabilisation,
anybody help me how to construct a gyroscope so that i can interface it with PIC.

gyro with cvavr

hi
google 'piezo gyro'
you will find one project with AVR but without source :(

Re: gyroscope using PIC

Take part in Robotics discussion Forums, I see more and more hobbyst who wants make Unmanned Aerial Vehicles ( with RC Airplanes or Helicopters ) ( New fashion ?? :) )
They must often use MEMS devices, as piezo accelerometers, or gyroscopes to determine their earth position.
I'm sure they could help you.

Hi kirangv,

All you need to do is to make, a little board fully described (schematic+ pcb+video!!!) at:

h**p://www.dprg.org/projects/2003-01a/

The signal from AD giro (Rate Out) and from accelerometer will give you all info about board movement .
All you need to do is to sample those signals using ADC's of the uC!!

This chip is verry powerfull, I sow an application of this giro, used to stabilize a miniature air-plane !!

I have this article from Elektor maybe someone can post the software?

i have already done my project about 1 -axis digital gyroscope. but, i am using avr, i don't know about PIC. If you want my code on CVAVR i will post it.

joerieg said:
i have already done my project about 1 -axis digital gyroscope. but, i am using avr, i don't know about PIC. If you want my code on CVAVR i will post it.

Would you share it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back